City Ministries exists to bring the churches of the Petaluma Area together through
explicit agreement, visible unity, extraordinary prayer and service to our community.
Our Beliefs and Values:
- We believe in the existence of only one God who exists as Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe the Bible is the infallible Word of God.
- We believe that Jesus Christ was God in human flesh and is the sovereign Lord of creation, the only Savior of mankind, and the Head and Chief Shepherd of the Church.
- We believe that working together in the unity of the Spirit embodies the heart and mind of Christ.
- We value forming authentic friendships with each other that include both support and accountability.
We have therefore covenanted together to do the following:
1) Praying privately for each other for at least half an hour each week.
2) Praying publicly for each other each week at our Sunday morning service
3) Gathering weekly for a time of prayer.
4) Meeting quarterly for breakfast and fellowship.
5) Meeting as needed to plan events.
6) Meeting annually for retreat(s) designed around prayer, fellowship and biblical instruction
7) Preserving the unity of the Body by:
Resolving, according to the Biblical pattern, any accusations made against
Holding people accountable for unresolved issues as they move from one congregation to another.
8 ) Encouraging our individual congregations to seek the Lord in times of extraordinary prayer.
9) Working together in mutually agreed upon community activities to promote Christ’s Kingdom.